Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Wrapup

Every Monday, I want to name my post "Weekend Update" and then I remember that's not what I call it. Maybe I've seen too much SNL.

  • The Dolphins finally won a game. I had been starting to get a little discouraged since it is so late in the season, but at least they won a game. Yeah!
  • Sad day - Dan Fogelberg died. Same Old Lang Syne (aka the grocery store song) is one of my favorites. I'm always amused that this is considered Christmas music - unhappy people running into old loves. Not the cheeriest of songs, but I love it anyway.
  • The writers strike is still going strong. There's rarely new tv episodes in December anyway, but I'm worried that I'll have nothing to watch when Jan. starts. The new reality shows look ever worse than the old ones. Thank goodness for tv on DVD - I can watch my favorite shows over and over while I wait for new content.
  • We finally ordered Lorelei a twin-size mattress (we converted her crib to a toddler bed a while ago. I'm tired of the crib sheets, it will be much easier to buy new sheets when I can go to any store that sells bedding (Target, Macy's, BB&B).
  • OTN - I'm working on another purple hat (the first one I made for my niece was too small because I ran out of yarn, so I gave it to Lorelei). I finished the first Hedera sock, I'm about half finished with a new scarf for Lorelei, and one of these days I will finally finish the second sleeve of the perfect sweater. After Christmas, I'm going to work hard to finish the sweater - I'm ready for it to be over and it would be nice to be able to wear it this season.

No comments: