Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Random Wednesday

There's nothing like a random Wednesday to get me back into the blogging mood.

  • I loved Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You. His daughter is close to Lorelei's age, so it's a little creepy how this mirrors my life right now (except that Lorelei's dad and I weren't separated).
  • Oscar nominations came out yesterday. Gabe was a big movie nut - the Oscars and the World Series were the biggest events of his year. So it's a little hard for me to get excited about the Oscars now that he's gone.
  • Fabio - this article is hilarious.
  • I'm still knitting. I just haven't finished anything in a while. I'm at the heel flap of my second Hedera sock (still LOVE them). I've also finished about 8 inches of the front of my Perfect Sweater (the back and both sleeves are already completed). I may actually have to sew up my sweater soon - the sewing up doesn't seem too bad, but knitting the neckband is a little scary. Also, some of my work friends bought me some yummy Chocolate Cherry truffle yarn from SunnysideEllen.etsy.com that I think is destined for some Monkeys. Why yes, I am the last person on the face of the earth to decide to knit some Monkey socks.
  • I'm very excited about Lost starting next week. I can only watch so much Law & Order before I need something else. I'm hopeful that the writer's strike will be over soon.

2 comments:

Christine Tremoulet said...

You're not alone - I haven't knit any Monkeys either.

So sorry you're having to go through so much pain -- I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to you and your family.

pfucci said...

Hi Trisha,

I hope youand the little one are getting by ok. I sure remember Gabe during the Oscar, that little bugger was the one who really got me into movies and watch all the nominated ones so I could comment about them with him. I'm sure going to miss him.
I'm always here and available if there's anything I could do for you!

Big hugs!!!