Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
This is the basic cable hat from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. I actually finished this last night and wore it to work this morning. The pattern was pretty easy, though I added a couple of pattern repeats so that it covered more of my ears. I think I'm going to try to make one for Lorelei - if I take out one or two of the cables it should fit her. I used a little more than one ball of KnitPicks Swish in Red Pepper (the pattern as written would have taken one ball).
I decided to make Lorelei a baby blanket for her doll baby so that I could try out log cabin without a large commitment. I'm really not a fan of the picking up stitches. I think the blanket is now at aobut 9 inches and I need it to be at least 18. I'll still try to get it finished by Christmas, but I don't see myself doing any more log cabins.
Fetching from Knitty only needs a thumb and some ends woven in. These were pretty quick to knit, but I need to concentrate on the thumb and Lorelei hasn't given me much time to myself lately. I made these with cashmerino left over from Lorelei's dad's Irish Hiking scarf.
Finally, this is Cozy, also from Knitty. Almost all of this was done in the car when we drove to FL. I'm really liking this as my first real lace project since 1) it's worsted weight yarn, 2) it's rectangular so that every row has the same number of stitches, and 3) there are only 8 rows of the pattern, so once I got past the first 11 rows (3 rows of edge and 8 rows of pattern) I knew all I needed to know for the rest of the shawl.
That's it for now. I'll post a Lorelei update soon - only a little over a week until her birthday!
Thursday, November 16, 2006
I use Patricia at work, I use Trish at home, at no time do I encourage anyone to call my Patty. So why is it that people always think that it is acceptable to call me that????? And it's always people who don't know me very well. I might not get so irritated if it was used by someone close to me - I don't know, it doesn't happen.
Since Saturday Night Live, I'm not really fond of Pat, either.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
I forgot to post about Lorelei's first Halloween (we didn't bother to dress her up last year).
Lorelei's dad picked out the Princess Leia outfit. I had to bribe her with candy to get it on her and we didn't do any trick-or-treating (we were stuck in traffic), but she discovered that candy is a good thing. Every day since I hear - "More candy?" Maybe next year we'll actually leave the house.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
While there hasn't been any knitting, I did get to work a little on updating my knitting notebook. It's almost like knitting, right?
I have a three day weekend coming up and no plans. So hopefully:
- I will do some knitting
- I will take pictures of my new WIPs. Cozy and fetching especially. I have a glove of fetching complete, I may be able to start and finish the other one this weekend.
- I will get to clean off the DVR. I'm at 98% full and it's making me sad that I can't watch all the shows I want to.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Lorelei is now 23 months old (as of Friday). I haven't been writing much about Lorelei lately - probably because I can't keep up with all the new things she does and says every day.
But here are some highlights:
- We switched her crib to a big girl bed a couple of weeks ago. She hasn't fallen out of bed too many times (usually because she's playing) but she's been having trouble going to sleep. She's been going to sleep at 10pm, which is when I want to go to sleep so I haven't had much time to watch tv, knit, pay bills, or clean the house.
- Lorelei was playing "air piano" today. She loves to play her piano(s) and sing.
- Lorelei can sing her ABCs but she usually skips j-l. Of couse sometimes when she's in a hurry she skips D-Y.
- Lorelei can count to 2. 1,2. 1,2. 1,2. I guess we need to start working on 3.
- She knows the names of all the colors, but she almost never gets any correct. First everything was yellow, this week everything is red.
- Her new word is "later." As in see you later. I keep thinking of Dazed and Confused when the stoner guy keeps saying "check you later."