Wednesday, September 26, 2007
So I thought "How nice would it be to go home and watch some Alias?" But I don't have any on DVD.
Question: If I were to buy some Alias on DVD, what season(s) should I buy?
BTW - I've recently watched the entire first 4 seasons in syndication and I watched the fifth season when it first aired, so I think I've already seen every episode.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Just in time for the end of Summer of Socks, I finally finished my beachy jaywalkers. I learned from the first time I made these and made them a little shorter (both in the leg and the foot) so that they fit a lot better. I am totally in love with the colorway, I just want to look at them all day long (and I probably will since I'm wearing them today).I'm almost to the armholes on the back of my Perfect Sweater. (The color is much, much darker is real-life.)
Oh - and I won FKDebi's birthday contest. Yeah, me! It's been a good week.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
- I finished the first Christmas present (except for the blocking). I'm amazed at myself - it's not even October yet. I have one other present to knit (as of right now), so I think I'm doing pretty well, maties.
- I started the Perfect Sweater. I'm making it in dark blue Casecade 220 and I have maybe 6 inches of the back done.
- A Summer of Socks wrapup will be coming this weekend (the jaywalkers should finally be done soon). I already have plans for a pair of husband socks, so those will be started soon.
- Prison Break started up again this week. I didn't love last season when they were on the run, but this season looks promising.
- Kitchen Nightmares starts tonight. I can't wait. I love watching G. Ram scream at people.
- Shiver me timbers!
Happy Talk like a pirate day!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
For my very first scarf, I made a 2x2 ribbed scarf out of some blue acrylic. The reamins of that giant skein of acrylic is still sitting in my stash, so I made a matching hat. It's big and thick and will be perfect for playing in the snow with Lorelei or walking the dog in the winter. Not the prettiest hat, but fully functional.
Finally, I needed an easy project to work on during lunchtime crafting while I was getting ready to turn the heel on my Jaywalker (not something I wanted to do while being social), so I made a ballband dishcloth.
I'm hoping to get my Jaywalkers finished before the end of summer next week. I already have plans for some boy socks after that (for Lorelei's dad).
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
- I finished a ribbed (acrylic) hat to keep my head warm this winter while playing in the snow (should we have any) with Lorelei. It matches the first scarf I ever knit. And still there is yarn left over. It is the skein that never ends.
- I'm about to turn the heel of the second Beachy jaywalker sock. I'm trying to finish it up before the end of Summer of Socks. Which will give me three pairs of socks (1 Lorelei pair, 1 pair of ankle socks, and 1 regular pair of socks).
- I'm about to start knitting some Christmas presents. We'll see how that goes.
- For the last couple of weeks, I've been spending most of my lunch hours knitting with people at work. I'm proud of myself for being so social.
- Lorelei loves pirates. The season premiere of Sesame Street had Tina Fey as a pirate who loves books ( a bookaneer). Lorelei thought it was the greatest episode ever.
- Lorelei also loves baseball. She can't hit or catch and she doesn't throw very well, but that doesn't stop her from wanting to play "baseball" every day.
- September looks to be a busy month. Most importantly, the Yarn Harlot is finally coming to town. Yeah!