Wednesday, September 12, 2007

FO Time!

First, I finished a Branching Out scarf (more picture on flickr). I used some Creative Focus worsted (soft pink) left over from Lorelei's scarf (from 2 years ago, maybe?). This was the first thing that I've actually blocked and I think it turned out pretty well. This may end up being gifted if I can think of anyone who likes pink. I love the pattern so much that I've already started on another one (almost 50% finished).
For my very first scarf, I made a 2x2 ribbed scarf out of some blue acrylic. The reamins of that giant skein of acrylic is still sitting in my stash, so I made a matching hat. It's big and thick and will be perfect for playing in the snow with Lorelei or walking the dog in the winter. Not the prettiest hat, but fully functional.
Finally, I needed an easy project to work on during lunchtime crafting while I was getting ready to turn the heel on my Jaywalker (not something I wanted to do while being social), so I made a ballband dishcloth.

I'm hoping to get my Jaywalkers finished before the end of summer next week. I already have plans for some boy socks after that (for Lorelei's dad).

No comments: