Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Random Wednesday

  • I finished a ribbed (acrylic) hat to keep my head warm this winter while playing in the snow (should we have any) with Lorelei. It matches the first scarf I ever knit. And still there is yarn left over. It is the skein that never ends.
  • I'm about to turn the heel of the second Beachy jaywalker sock. I'm trying to finish it up before the end of Summer of Socks. Which will give me three pairs of socks (1 Lorelei pair, 1 pair of ankle socks, and 1 regular pair of socks).
  • I'm about to start knitting some Christmas presents. We'll see how that goes.
  • For the last couple of weeks, I've been spending most of my lunch hours knitting with people at work. I'm proud of myself for being so social.
  • Lorelei loves pirates. The season premiere of Sesame Street had Tina Fey as a pirate who loves books ( a bookaneer). Lorelei thought it was the greatest episode ever.
  • Lorelei also loves baseball. She can't hit or catch and she doesn't throw very well, but that doesn't stop her from wanting to play "baseball" every day.
  • September looks to be a busy month. Most importantly, the Yarn Harlot is finally coming to town. Yeah!

No comments: