But the travel has gotten me some good knitting time. I'm half way through the foot on the second sock for Lorelei's dad. I started a new scarf - it's about 20 inches long so far. And I'm making plans for my first sweater project. I think I'm going to make a Perfect Sweater in dark blue Cascade 220. As soon as I finish up some other projects and order some yarn.
I'm not sure what other projects I want to attempt this year. Last year I did hats, scarves, socks, bags, I learned cables, knitting in the round, several cast on techniques, felting.
So in addition to my first sweater here are some possible projects -
- Learn Fair isle - maybe a hat first.
- Work on lace - I'm working on cozy. I think after this I'll be ready for something more complicated - like maybe my charlotte's web shawl.
- Socks - there will always be socks. After I finish the two on the needles (both 2nd socks), I think I want to try something a little more complicated than the jaywalkers I've been working on (though I'll probably make some more jaywalkers too).
- I also need to make some baby things for my friend who is due in March.
- I guess I should finally finish the baby blanket I started for Lorelei's doll. I didn't find the log cabin thing as fun as everyone said it was, but I'll finish the thing anyway.
So that should keep me busy for a couple of months. Once work settles down, I'll start blogging more again. See you soon!