Friday, April 07, 2006

Knitting Update

First, I know I've been really bad about taking/posting pictures. Everyday, I tell myself that I should do a better job of documenting my knitting. Maybe I'll start tomorrow.

Sock from hell update - so I really thought the third time was the charm (and it may still be). I'm still almost down to the heel, but I had a little setback this week. I was trying it on to see how much longer I wanted the leg, when one of my DPNs snapped in half. My lovely expensive Lantern Moon DPNs. Thankfully, I have 5 and I was only using 4 and I was able to save all of my stitches that fell off during the crash. But I've decided that this is a sign that I need to not work on this for a while.

Irish Hiking scarf - still almost finished with the second ball of yarn. I had originally planned on using 4 balls which would make me halfway finished, but Lorelei's Dad wants it a little longer so I think it's going to need 5 balls. And I really plan to post a picture one day soon.

Picovoli - I finally ordered the needles that I need for this last week, so I'm waiting and waiting for them to be delivered. I really want to start this.

New project - I want to work on something new this weekend, so if my needles don't get deleivered I'm going to need something else to start. I've been meaning to start a scarf for Lorelei's teacher (her birthday is in Aug.) so that looks to be at the top of my list. I also bought Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet so I may start trying to learn crochet this weekend. (I will admit that my friend tried to teach me and I was too stupid to figure it out - I hope I can do better with the book.)

No comments: