Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Press Tour Week - CW

This is always one of my favorite weeks of the year - the annual television critics press tour, where all the reporters who cover television get in a big room with people from all the networks (one at a time) to talk about the new fall season. New plot twists, new characters, new excitement for old shows.

Yesterday was CW day, so today I've been reading all about two of my favorite shows - Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars, which will be on the same night this fall. Some things I've learned:
  • Mac will be a series regular next season (VM)
  • Logan is staying in London on GG, but both Rory and V will still be involved with their Logans when the season starts
  • Dave Rosenthal (the new head of GG) used to be crazy
  • VM - instead of one big mystery there will be 3 smaller mysteries (not huge news, I've known this for a while)
  • Lorelai and Christopher definitely had sex during the season finale
  • Luke's daughter (and her mother) will still be around next season

CBS had their presentations on Sunday, but I don't really watch anything on CBS except for How I Met Your Mother. There was a presentation for Rachael Ray's new talk show which I just heard about over the weekend (from Good Housekeeping?). I love $40 a Day and I have one of her cookbooks, so this show might be interesting. She is really perky though - I'm not sure how much of that I could take.

For more press tour goodness, check out TV Guide's Michael Ausiello or E! Online's Kristin (most of the scoop is in the message boards).

No comments: