Thursday, August 17, 2006

TV This Week

I normally don't watch many reality shows. There are only about 3 or 4 that I ever watch and 2 of them had finales this week. Yeah!

Hell's Kitchen
I didn't watch all of the finale episode (yet), but I did see the end. Heather had been my favorite from the first episode and I am sooooo happy that she won. If Virginia and her boobs had won, I'm sure that I would not be watching next season (if there is one). I'm glad that G. Ramsey wasn't fooled into giving the restaurant to Virginia since she was totally incompetent from the beginning. So Congratulations Heather! It's fun when your favorite wins.

So You Think You Can Dance
First of all, I was really happy with the final four dancers. I would have been happy if any one of them won. Donyelle had been my favorite since the beginning (and the only person that I've gotten on the phone to vote for). I had a feeling for a few weeks that Benji would win and I like Benji so I'm still happy with the finale. And I keep telling myself that at least now Donyelle doesn't have to dance with Celine Dion for a year. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. That said, the finale was way too long. I enjoyed seeing some of the dances again, but there were too many. Too many musical guests (what is that Fergie song about anyway?). Too much audition footage for the millionth time. I did find it interesting that there are versions of this show in many different countries.

Prison Break season 2 starts next week. I missed the season finale last Spring and I had been hoping that they would replay it before the new season starts, but it looks like I'm out of luck. I may try to see if I can get just the last episode from Blockbuster this weekend. Vanished premieres next week also. I wasn't planning on watching it, but I may take a look if there's nothing else on.

No comments: