Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Random Wednesday

  • I finished Lorelei's socks. That makes 1 complete pair of socks in the Summer of Socks. They are a little tight on her and by the time it's cool enough to wear wool socks she will probably have already outgrown them. Oh well, I'll know better for next time. (Pictures coming soon.)
  • The second of the Tofutsies footies is almost to the heel (it's toe-up). Hopefully that will be finished by this weekend.
  • Summer of Socks update - 4 and a half complete socks (1 complete pair), learned Judy's magic cast on, tried figure-8 cast on, started using 2 circs instead of DPNs, learned sherman heel. So far this summer has been more about learning new things than finishing.
  • Branching out - I started a Branching out scarf last week with some leftover pink wool/alpaca. I got through 1 and 1/2 repeats and then had to rip the whole thing out. Started again and have two complete repeats. It's pretty, but it's a pain to fix mistakes.
  • I spent lunchtime with other knitters/crocheters in my office yesterday (most of whom I had never met before). I was very proud of myself for being so social instead of hiding at my desk like usual.

No comments: