Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Random Wednesday - Halloween edition

  • Lorelei is dressing up as a pirate today. There are very few costume choices for (almost) 3 yo girls since I don't sew. And since we already have a princess dress for dress up (that's still a little too big), I went with the pirate. Lorelei keeps calling herself Captain Feathersword (from Wiggles). I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.
  • In honor of NaBloPoMo, I will try to post every day in November. NaKniSweMo sounds like fun too, but I'm already in the middle of two sweater projects.
  • I started a Wallaby for Lorelei last week. It's already about half finished, but there aren't any pictures yet. I'm using Plymouth Encore worsted (in the requested Red color) recommended by the lovely people at the Mannings. I think it's the nicest acrylic (blend) I've ever used. And sweaters for preschoolers knit up super fast. It took me about 2 weeks to knit one sleeve on my sweater, in two weeks Lorelei's sweater is almost finished.
  • Damages - I finished watching this show last week and after watching an entire season, I'm still not sure if I even like this show. The acting was great, the story was pretty good, but the way it was told was pretty complicated. I liked the use of flashbacks, but they would show the same scene 20 times without adding any new information. The show hasn't yet been picked up for an additional season, but I guess if it does I'll keep watching.
  • I can't believe that November starts tomorrow. I'm not ready for the holidays to be here already. Though I have started planning Lorelei's 3rd birthday party. Blue's Clues, because that seems like an easy cake to make.
  • OTN - Lorelei's wallaby (50% complete), my perfect sweater (45%), husband socks (75%). I also have a couple Mason-Dixon baby bibs that need buttons, but they're for a friend who won't give me her address so I'm not in any hurry to finish them.

Have a great Halloween and don't eat too much candy!

1 comment:

Zarzuela said...

Good luck with NaBloPoMo. I'm doing NaKniSweMo and I'm a little worried as to whether I'll be able to keep up or not.

Jessica