Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time flies ...

How about a little update?

  • Took a week vacation. Spent the first three days hanging around the house with Lorelei's dad while Lorelei was at preschool - rollerblading, movies, adult-type activities that we don't get to do with Lorelei around. Spent the rest of the week up in Pennsylvania visiting battlefields and Amish people.
  • While I was in PA, I went to the Mannings. Definitely the largest yarn store I've ever been to. I'm hoping to return soon to take a spinning class. I also bought a little bit of yarn - enough for a Lorelei wonderful wallaby.
  • I won a contest! I won FKDeb's birthday contest - she sent me enough sock yarn to last me 6 months (I'm slow). Debi's the BEST!
  • I finished a sock for Lorelei's dad. Now I just need to make another one.
  • I finished the back of the Perfect sweater and I've almost finished the first sleeve. So I'm at about 40% finished.
  • I started some baby presents for a friend (I didn't even know she was pregnant until a week after she gave birth - oops!). I'm working on a couple of baby bibs from Mason Dixon knitting and there may also be a hat.
  • Fall TV!!
New shows I like (as of right now) - Chuck, Reaper, Dirty Sexy Money, Moonlight (I've only seen 1 episode of DSM and ML, but I like so far)
New shows I don't like - Journeyman, Big Shots (the guys are hot though), Gossip Girl (good show, but not my cup of tea)
New shows I'm undecided
- Private Practice (the 2nd episode was better than the first so I'm not giving up on it yet), Pushing Daisies, Back to You (makes me laugh but the kid plot is weird)

Of course there are so many new shows that I have to check out that I'm way behind on everything - my DVR is getting pretty full.

No comments: