Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Random Wednesday

I just spent a lovely 4 days in New Mexico for my little brother's wedding. There wasn't much time for sight-seeing because of all the family stuff, but what we did see was beautiful. The landscape is desert and very different from Virginia (or even Florida). No grass, cactus, lots of shrubs. The architecture is also very different from what I'm used to.

The afternoon before the wedding was spent at a spa with my mom and my new SIL (and 15 other people). I was able to get in a good hour of knitting on the second Jaywalker. With that and the many plane trips, I have almost 2 whole inches of sock!

There really has been very little knitting lately. Lorelei was sick last week and never wants to go to bed, which is cutting into my knitting time. I really want to get started on my Charlotte's web shawl, but I need a good chunk of time to get a handle on it.

Justice (with Victor Garber) premiered last week (I finally saw it yesterday). I really liked it. It's a little like the Order part of Law & Order from the other side of the court room. The episode last week was similar to OJ. My favorite part was the end where they show "the truth" and you find out if the client was really guilty or not.

I tried to watch Vanished last week, but when I didn't like the first 10 minutes I gave up. I'm already behind on the second season of Prison Break. I saw the first new episode and loved it. The new FBI guy is great - I love that he totally had the tatoo figured out in 5 minutes. Finally a worthy adversary. And I didn't mind killing Veronica, she wasn't never a favorite of mine.

There was a new episode of House last night. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm very excited. House is one of my favorites.

No comments: