Thursday, September 21, 2006

Summer of Socks Recap

Well, the Summer of Socks comes to a close today and I thought it would be a good time for a recap.



  1. Finished the purple Opal socks (which I'm actually wearing today). Handknit wool socks ROCK!
  2. Completed 1 and 1/4 blue Jaywalkers. I understand why everyone loves this pattern - it's easy to memorize and looks really cool. I'll definitely make more of these in the future.
  3. Booties - I completed a pair of booties for my new nephew.
  4. Lorelei's Dad's socks - I've finished about half the foot of the first sock.
  5. Took the sock to Mount Vernon. It had a good time.
  6. Frogged the Sock from Hell so that it can be reborn into something that I don't hate.
  7. Bought Sensational Knitted Socks. I love, love, love this book. It's what I wished for when I learned to knit socks. I haven't used any of the patterns yet, but I have a couple picked out for future socks.
  8. Got a replacement for my broken lantern moon DPN.

Not too bad for 3 months. My love of sock knitting has grown, my stash of sock yarn is slowly getting used, and I had fun. I don't think I'm going to join Socktoberfest this year, but that doesn't mean I won't be knitting socks.


No comments: