Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sad Sock Story

I love love love my Roza socks. It's been about 5 weeks and I'm just about through with the gusset on the second sock. This is super fast for me, considering that it took me 9 months to finish my Jaywalkers.

The Lorna's Laces is the softest sock yarn I've used. It's so squishy and pretty. The brioche pattern is quick and looks great. These are destined to be my favorite socks ever (or at least up to now).

AND THEN ...

Lorelei snapped one of my DPNs last night. My expensive rosewood Lantern Moon DPNs. Of the set that I've already had to replace one. Of the only set of size 1 DPNs in my house.

As much as I love my Lantern Moons - I think they're just too delicate for me. And expensive. Yes, Lantern Moon would probably replace them again and again for me, but that's too much trouble to go through. So I ordered a pair of Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs last night. I already own a pair of 1.5s which I love and they seem much sturdier. Hopefully I will be able to finish my pretty socks soon.

Additional DPNs are definitely on my shopping list for MS&W next week.

No comments: