Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The First Five Days

Here is how I started Summer of Socks.

Step 1 - Take out Opal Dreamcatcher yarn that I've been saving for over a year.
Step 2 - Decide to try new toe-up cast on and then plain stockinette socks.
Step 3 - Use figure-8 cast on with 8 stitches. Decide 8 is way too pointy for my foot. RIP.
Step 4 - Use figure-8 cast on with 20 stitches. Decide the cast on stitches are too loose and I'm not able to tighten them up enough. RIP.
Step 5 - Try Judy's magic cast on (seen on Wendy's blog)with DPNs and 20 stitches. End up dropping half the stitches. Decide this probably works really well with ciculars, which I don't have (but intend to buy soon). RIP.
Step 6 - Take out Regia yarn and cast on Jaywalkers.

I ordered Socks Soar on Two Circs. My new goal for Summer of Socks is to learn how to knit socks on circs.

No pictures today, but maybe there will be some Jaywalker pics soon.

No comments: