Monday, March 27, 2006

Sock it to me

Before vacation, I started my second pair of socks. I wanted to get the first sock started enough that I could work on the plane easily. So,
  1. Cast on. Round 1 - Lose a stitch. Round 2 - realize I lost the stitch and fix (sort of). round 3 - finish and realize that there are 4 rows on two needles and 2 rows on the third needle. I guess I got turned around and started knitting backwards. Frog.
  2. Cast on. No problems. Knit, knit, knit. Knit on the plane, knit at my parents' house. Knit about 5 inches of the leg. Get almost to the start of the heel and realize that this sock will never fit my foot. Not in a million years. Frog.
  3. Cast on. Knit 4 rows. I have now started this first sock three times. This time I cast on a few more stitches, which hopefully will be enough to go around my foot. Unfortunately, I started my long tail cast on too far into my yarn, so the first stripe will not be a big as I would have liked. We'll have to see how this goes.

Stay tuned for breaking news on this story.

No comments: