Friday, March 10, 2006

Yarn, yarn, yarn

I've been going a little crazy with the yarn buying lately. Lorelei's teacher wanted a scarf - so I had to buy some yarn. Many people are having babies, I decided to make booties - I needed some yarn. I wanted to make something for myself - I needed some yarn. Do you see where I'm going with this?

So in the last 3 weeks I've ordered yarn online from three different places (bringing my total yarn purchases online to 4). I ordered online from Knit Happens (because it's inconvenient to actually drive the 2 miles out of the way to go to the store). I got the yarn so fast (next day)that I may never go to the actual store again. No - just kidding. I will say that it's hard to do any shopping with Lorelei - she's way too active.

I also made my first purchase from KnitPicks. I ordered 17 balls of yarn. Because I needed free shipping. I'm a sucker for free shipping. I'll buy way more than I need at Amazon just to get my free shipping. Anyway, KnitPicks has very affordable yarn and I did get it in about a week. But I kind of expected 17 balls to look bigger. I was expecting a giant box of yarn. Sadly I got a big envelope of yarn, not as exciting.

I've spent so much money on yarn this year already that I really shouldn't buy any more - but I want more. Yarn is just so pretty and soft - and of course I need more yarn for my zillion planned projects.

No comments: