Friday, March 17, 2006

Vacation all I ever wanted


So I'm off to Florida tomorrow. It will be the first time we've been back to Florida since we moved to Virginia last April. I'm very excited to be back where it's warm (even though it was 85 here on Monday).

This will be Lorelei's first trip on an airplane. I'm a little worried about how we'll manage all of our stuff, Lorelei's stuff and Lorelei, but that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. The stressful trip will just make my vacation all that more relaxing.

In preparation for my trip, I'm trying to clear out my DVR so that it can record a week's worth of tv while I'm gone. Sadly, I'm afraid it will run out of space on Tuesday.

Finally, a knitting update -
  • I made some booties for my best friends 2-week old baby. I'll post pictures after vacation.
  • The Irish Hiking Scarf (Happy St. Pat's!) has seen almost no progress this week. I may post some pictures soon - even though there's only 20 inches, I'm pretty proud of my first attempt at cables.
  • I've started a pair of socks that I plan to work on while on the plane(s).

No comments: