Monday, May 08, 2006

Sheep, sheep, and more sheep

Saturday I went to my first sheep and wool. I'm still amazed by how many people where there. I almost ran into a coworker (but I ducked away quickly so she wouldn't see me). There were sheep everywhere, several Alpacas (I had never seen one up close before), and a couple bunnies. We didn't get there until after noon, but I still got in a good 3 hours of shopping and gawking. I had a limited budget, so I spent more time looking at the yarn than purchasing but I did get some good stuff.
  • 4 skeins of Noro (20% off)
  • 2 skeins of blue Koigu
  • Koigu shawl kit
  • 1 skein of Opal - for socks for Lorelei's dad
  • Crystal Palace DPNs - size 1 1/2
  • Knitting Rules!

I think next year, I need to have more of a shopping list, get there earlier, and take more money. I'm also thinking about learning how to spin before next year too. Of course, I have a toddler and no time for an additional hobby.

I missed Wendy's book signing, but I did finish the heel of my toeup sock (based on Wendy's pattern) this weekend. The sock is going really well - I can't wait to wear these.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

~Jody said...

You missed the blogger meet up :( I looked for you.