Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Floating away

Well, I haven't floated away yet, but I've come close a couple of times in the last few days. After days and days of rain, I think DC may be starting to dry out.

There has been no knitting for almost a week now. It all started last Wednesday when Lorelei woke up sick. Stomach-flu-like sick. I'll try to leave out all the disgusting details. Then Thursday, Lorelei's dad and I came down with the sickness. The rain started, the air conditioning broke, and the cable went out. Luckily the cable came back in half a day, the air in a day, but the rain kept coming. Monday, it took me 4 hours to drive to work. Finally, everything was starting to get back to normal. Then Lorelei gets an ear infection. Fever of 102.

Hopefully, there will be knitting soon. And sun.

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Hope everyone gets rid of the stomach bug soon.

We get Bob in reruns once a week on WLIW.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had quite a time! Hope things are getting better. Hang in there!