Thursday, June 01, 2006

Welcome to Summer

Summer in DC has hit. Last week, morning temperatures were in the 40's and then BOOM! 90 degree temperatures. Lorelei's new word is Hot. She tried to tell me that she couldn't get in the car yesterday because it was hot. It came out "scream, scream, scream, hot, scream". I might have believed her if she didn't scream every day when I tried to put her in the car.

Of course, the air conditioning in my apartment doesn't work well. Even though I lived in Florida for almost 20 years, I always had good air conditioning. Now I'm lucky if my house is 80 degrees. I really hope this doesn't last the whole summer or I might melt away. So big surprise I haven't felt like knitting for a couple of days. I finished my 3rd ball of yarn for the Irish Hiking scarf (and ordered a couple extra). Lorelei's dad wants a really long scarf so the 4 balls that I bought won't quite be enough. Darn, I had to buy more yarn.

In other project news, I'm about to start the waist shaping on Picovoli, a little over half done on the Wavy scarf, and no progress on the socks. I really need to finish the socks soon, so that I'm ready to start some new ones on June 21 - Summer of Socks!

No comments: