Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Random Wednesday

  • Five more rows on the hood of Lorelei's wallaby. It's taken a little longer than I expected to finish the hood, but it's almost there. Then all I need to do is sew up the hood and the underarms - I've already taken care of most of the ends. Good timing, since it's starting to get cold around here.
  • Heroes - was so good this week. I squealed a little at the ending. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet, but I'm glad that the person I thought was leaving the show actually has a bigger part. I haven't been totally thrilled by the season so far and this episode definitely made up for it. I hope the next episode is just as good.
  • Potty-training - Lorelei has gone potty at daycare for last two days in a row. Is it wrong that I want to do a happy dance??? When we started potty-training at 18 months, I never thought that she'd still be in diapers at 3 years (though we still have 3 more weeks).
  • Lorelei's birthday is in 3 weeks. I'm in the midst of planning a Blue's Clues party. Why Blue's Clues? Because a paw print-shaped cake is super easy to make (round cake and some cupcakes). After last year's Elmo disaster, I'm all about the easy. Though maybe next year, I'll do princesses. Make a pink cake, throw on some sparkly stuff, and call it a day.
  • Lorelei's dad's birthday is also coming up. He doesn't get a party. Maybe I'll take him out to dinner. Lorelei would probably like to make him a cake. I guess he wants presents, too.
  • I like cake.
  • The Halloween candy that we bought to give out (but didn't because we weren't home) is almost gone. I may have eaten too much of it. Is it too soon to buy Christmas candy?
  • The Yarn Harlot has a new hat pattern on her blog. I really want one, but I don't have any fat, pretty yarn. Actually, I don't have any fat yarn and my worsted stash is all solid colors. Maybe I need to go shopping.
  • No Private Practice tonight. I guess I'll have to find something else to occupy myself. I guess it's good practice in case the strike doesn't end soon.

No comments: